Grant Request Guidelines
Types of requests we are looking to fund:
We suggest that your request include many of the following guidelines. Grants will be awarded based on how fully the request meets our guidelines.
The request has some level of innovation (new to your school, your corporation, and/or Dubois County).
The request directly or indirectly impacts one of the ROI regional sub-sector industries: Advanced Manufacturing, Life Science/Bio Med, or Defense.
The request has the potential to be showcased and spread to other districts.
The request is something Hub19 has funded before, and the request supports further expansion of the initiative or program.
The request has sustainability potential. Hub19/Ready Schools Grant helps start the initiative or program and then it is sustained by the school corporation.
The request has no other realistic start-up funding source.
The request has lasting impact and is not a consumable item.
The request truly fits one or more of our five strategies:
1. Teacher Innovation Exploration or Professional Development
Examples: Project Based Learning, Summit Learning, Project Lead The Way, STEM
2. Improving Student Employability and Leadership Skills (Program Support)
Examples: The Leader In Me, Student Run Enterprises
3. Providing Student Career Awareness and Exploration Opportunities (Program Support)
Examples: Naviance Career Software, Local Industry Visits/Field Trips, Tours of Opportunity
4. Providing Engaged and Relevant Learning Opportunities For Students (Program Support)
Examples: Robotics Programs, Makerspace Labs, STEM Programs, Project Lead The Way Launch and Gateway Programs
5. Helps Support or Build the Automation and Robotics Academy
Examples: Curriculum, Marketing, Instruction